I have just become an uncle and I don't really care.
I think it is really strange how as we grow older and move into our own life, some things become more or less important to us. For me, I live farther from my family than most people on earth. But even when I was near them, I felt a gap between us. Not that I don't love and appreciate my family and all they have done for me, but there has never been a complete and honestly open connection with them for a long time. So now my brother got married, to a wife I don't know and have no social or emotional connection to, and now a child that I am supposed to care for to some measure beyond what I actually feel. I feel bad that I can't feel some emotion, and a bit worried. But it all seems so far away and so strange to me, kids, families, the cycle of procreation and death on not much more than DNA.

No comments:
Post a Comment