Course Introduction and Overview
Project class will give you a
chance to use English by not studying English. We will complete ten to twelve
different projects over the semester, mostly IN class, and communicate through
sharing ideas, emotions and work. This class’s only goal is to help you use
English while learning about interesting topics that will help you understand
how we can use language, hopefully in a fun way.
Here
is what we will do:
1.
Blogging: I have started a blog and
I want you all to do the same. For 10
of the coming weeks, I will post a topic on my blog, and I want you to comment,
with at least 100 words, on each
topic as part of your Participation grade. This is 90% of your homework. We will
all make a blog for free. The more you post, the more participation points you
get. I want you to use this in any way you can and most importantly, BE CREATIVE. Blogs will be 20% of your grade.
2. Class Projects: Over the semester we
will attempt to complete roughly 12 projects.
Each project will be about a different topic and most of the work will be in
class. Some will be individual work and some will be group work. We will
constantly change groups. We will have as much fun as possible. Projects will be
20% of your grade.
3.
Mid-term and Final Exams: We will
have NO examinations. However, you
will be asked to complete a special project. The midterm project will be assigned in week 2 and turned in by the end of week 7. You can hand it in early for 5 extra points. The final
will be a cumulative project. You will be secretly working on this all
semester, and hand it on the 14th
week. Midterm and Final projects are each
worth 30% of you grade.
Things
you might need for class…
USB
flash drive, smart phone, camera, pen or pencil, notebook
Communication: I expect you to let me
know if you are having any problems. The biggest part of this class is open communication. If you are having
problems, or need help it is only useful to let me know. If you sit in class quietly,
your grade will suffer. I DON”T want
that to happen. We will be using blogs, email and even Kakao Talk to communicate with each other. I hope and expect you to
use them.
Attendance: Participation is 40% of your grade. If you aren’t in
class, you cannot participate. Come to class! You will be allowed 3 TOTAL absences including sick days. If you are late, you will
miss the introduction to the daily project. Being late will hurt your chance to
participate, and thus hurt your grade. Don’t
be late!
My Office Hours: I will be in my office
every class day from 8 to 9am and by
request. You can reach me any time
with any question through Kakao Talk.
No comments:
Post a Comment